Welcome to our Birthday Blog Hop! This is my first blog hop and we’re doing it in celebration of Jennifer’s 38th birthday! She is the author of the Crafty Card Gallery blog and a new “crafty” friend of mine. This blog hop will be running from March 12 through March 15 --have fun!
If you’re new to my blog, I would love for you to become a follower! You could also sign up to receive emails whenever I update the blog – I promise your email address stays with me and does not become public:) That way you get an automatic update of my blog! (The links are on the side banners of this blog.)
I'm giving away blog candy - a brand new Close to My Heart stamp set so keep reading to see what you need to do!
If you have arrived here from Leslie’s blog, you are in the right place! If you happened here by chance today, you may want to head back to the beginning of the hop: Crafty Card Gallery so you don’t miss any of the amazing birthday projects that were created!
I actually decided to post 3 birthday projects for this blog hop - I just love birthdays! The first is a birthday card I made using the Splendor paper pack from Close to My Heart as well as two different stamp sets: Good Times and Candlelight. Here's a picture of it:
You can't tell from the picture but the three cupcakes are popped up to give the card dimension. Love the cupcakes!!
This next birthday card also uses Close to My Heart paper - Expedition. I used two different stamp sets for this card too: In the Wild and It's Your Day. The giraffe wasn't easy to cut out (the legs were kind of tough) but I thought it looked better this way.
Both of these cards are a standard card size: 4 1/4" x 5/12" and fit into an A2 envelope. To get my inspiration I used a card pattern book called Wishes. I'm a bit of a rebel so I don't always follow the card pattern exactly - I use the book to get my creativity flowing. LOVE this book.
Finally, I'd like to share a small "explosion album" I made. It's an accordion album that only uses a couple of pieces of cardstock. It looks more difficult than it really is. I learned how to make this album years ago - I've lost count of how many different albums I've made. I usually make the bigger albums - 6" x 6". I went through my paper stash (which is HUGE) and found this old birthday paper that is really cute.
Thanks so much for visiting my blog and being a part of our Birthday Blog Hop for Jennifer's 38th birthday! I hope you enjoyed my birthday projects. Don't forget to become a follower and subscribe to my emails! Scroll down to the bottom of this post to leave your comment.
In honor of Jen's birthday, I have some blog candy I'm giving away. Leave a comment below and you can win your own My Acrylix "It's Your Day" stamp set!
Don't forget to leave a comment! Hope you win!
Your next stop is Michelle's blog. Enjoy!
Here's the full lineup for the Birthday Blog Hop:
1. Crafty Card Gallery http://www.craftycardgallery.blogspot.com
2. Alina http://www.neverstopscrapping.blogspot.com/
3. Meighen http://www.Scrappin3rdeeschik.blogspot.com/
4. Lisa T http://www.bitbythecricutbug.blogspot.com/
5. Pam http://www.pammejo-scrapbookflair.com/
6. Lezlye http://www.lezlyes.blogspot.com
7. Denise http://www.deesdesignsfrommyheart.blogspot.com/
8. Nicolette http://www.beyondscrapin.blogspot.com
9. Ellen Jarvis www.cardmonkey-business.blogspot.com
10. Miss Adri http://www.macheriecreations.com/
11. Giselle http://www.crossmyheartpapercrafts.blogspot.com/
12. Cammy http://www.pinkroomtherapy.com/
13. Ashley http://www.theglamoroussideofscrapping.blogspot.com/
14. Courtney http://www.keekerzcrafts.blogspot.com/
15. Laverne http://www.acraftershaven.blogspot.com/
16. Lissa Marie http://www.somanycrafts.wordpress.com/
17. Sandy http://www.acolourfulworld.blogspot.com/
18. Audrey http://www.audreyscardsbydesign.blogspot.com/
19. Brandi http://www.learningthecricut.com/
20. Cherie http://www.cheriescraps.blogspot.com/
21. Jamie http://www.craftygirl21.blogspot.com/
22. Shel http://www.Shellyrharris.blogspot.com/
23. Jenny http://www.jennyplace26.blogspot.com/
24. Laura http://www.scrappycraftcorner.blogspot.com/
25. Leslie http://www.leslierahye.blogspot.com/
26. Lucy http://www.love2createitall.blogspot.com/ YOU ARE HERE
27. Michelle http://www.scrappinwithmybug.com/ YOUR NEXT STOP
28. Monica http://www.simplycricutting.blogspot.com/
29. Dawn http://www.dawnsdesignsthatdelight.blogspot.com/
30. Shawnee http://www.quiverofangels.blogspot.com/
31. Sigrid http://www.lovescrapreflect.blogspot.com/
32. Scraps to Treasure http://www.scraps2treasure.blogspot.com/
33. Haidee http://www.created2bunique.blogspot.com/
34. Jessica http://www.customcreationsbyjessica.blogspot.com/
35. Kim http://www.rickettscricuts.blogspot.com/
36. Kimberley http://www.kimberlydianespapercrafts.blogspot.com/
37. Liz http://www.mywhichcraft.blogspot.com/
38. Lori http://www.savingmine.blogspot.com/
39. Jennifer A http://www.creativearmywife.blogspot.com/