I'm happy to present to you my first Heart2Heart Challenge post.
Our first challenge was to use any stamp or stamp set we have never used before. The hardest part about this challenge for me was to decide which stamp set I was going to use. I love our stamp sets but still have a lot that I haven't used yet! One of my many crafting goals this year was to start usin more of my stamp sets. In the past year, I have been making a point of using the paper and accessories that I already have before I buy anymore. Now, I'm moving on to my stamp sets so this challenge was perfect for me.
I decided to make a Mini Explosion Album for this challenge using the January Stamp of the Month - Little Reminder. Though I have had this stamp set for about a month, this is the first time I have used it. Here's my first picture:
I just LOVE making these albums! I took a class years ago and I have lost count on how many explosion albums I have made. These albums are usually much larger - I "resized" mine to this smaller version.
Here are some additional pictures of this cute little album:
|Ribbon is untied|
|Close up of first page|
|Side view of album - open|
|Side view of album - closed|
Materials usedChipboard (4" x 4") 2 pieces
Roxie Level 2 Paper Packet
Black Waxy Flax
Cricut Art Philosophy Cartridge
January Stamp of the Month - Little Reminder
5 pieces of 7" x 7" coordinating cardstock
10 pieces of coordinating patterned paper – 3 1/4” square – cut into triangles
- Take 7" x 7" CS and fold in half matching corners. Crease one way, unfold, and then crease the opposite way
- Unfold and fold in half the other direction - repeating #1
- Unfold and then fold on one diagonal only. Crease one way , unfold and crease opposite way. Set aside.
- Repeat #1 - 3 on other 5 pieces of 7" x 7" CS
- Place all 5 pieces of creased CS vertically with the diagonal crease perpendicular to your work surface. Adhere each piece on top of the other by placing the bottom square (which is now a "diamond" by its vertical placement) under the top "diamond" of the next piece of CS.
- Fold in and out to form the backbone of the album. Set aside folded papers with weight on top.
2 pieces of 6 1/4" x 6 1/4" patterned paper
2 pieces of 4" x 4" chipboard
10" of ribbon
- Lay one piece of patterned paper face down and one piece of chipboard in the center. Fold and adhere by wrapping the chipboard in the patterned paper.
- Repeat with second piece of patterned paper and chipboard.
- Lay ribbon across the inside of bottom cover (chipboard can be seen) and tape to center of chipboard
- Place folded album with its opening to the bottom right-hand corner in the center of bottom piece of album cover. Put adhesive on bottom piece of album and lay firmly in center of bottom album cover. Flip and repeat to adhere album to top cover.
- Add embellishments, images, etc. to front cover.
- Tie ribbon.
For the front cover, I cut out 3 flowers at 3" - p. 69, E9 shift - font - < Banner6 >. I also cut < Square4 > on p. 53, D3 at 2 3/4" and 3".
For the inside of the album, I also cut < Square4 > on p. 53, D3 at 1" and 1 1/4". These squares were for the numbers. On the first and last page of the album, I cut the image from p. 58, D8 font layer - < Tab2 > at 3 1/2".
I hope my explanation makes sense. If not, just ask!
I had a lot of fun making this album using the Little Reminder stamp set. There are so many ways you can use this versatile stamp set. It is only available through the end of the month - 1/13/12. The stamp set can be purchased for $17.95 OR for only $5.00 with any qualifying purchase of $50.00. You can email me here or place an order through my website here.
Can't wait to see what you create for this week's H2H Challenge! You can post your creations directly on the H2H blog.