Friday, June 15, 2012
Life is Tweet
Welcome to our first monthly Stamp of the Month Blog Hop! On the 15th of each month we will be showcasing the current Stamp of the Month (SOTM) set with various projects created by talented Close to My Heart consultants.
If you are visiting from Joanne's blog - Josie's Joy, then you are on the right track, if not please start at the beginning with our hostess Pam at I Candy Scraps!
Life is Tweet is the June Stamp of the Month (SOTM) being offered by Close to My Heart from June 1 - 30, 2012. This stamp set can be purchased for only $17.95 OR you can get it for only $5.00 with any $50 purchase. So many options with this set! You can do birthday, anniversary, or just general thinking of you projects! The possibilities are endless!
I just love this stamp set and have so many ideas for it. First, let me show you a picture of the stamp set:
Here is my first creation:
I just LOVE this stamp set -- each and every stamp image is just so stinkin' cute! I used our Florentine paper pack which has some great coordinating colors: Twilight, Olive, Goldrush are just a few. The sentiment "Life is Tweet" actually coordinates with our exclusive Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge which means that I didn't have to cut out any of those flower images! How cool is that! The flowers were cut at 2 1/4", 2 1/2", and 2 3/4". You can find this image on page 48, C8, shift, < Flower5 >. I even cut out smaller ones (1 1/4") for the 3 images on the bottom of the card. I thought that the top half of the card (the Goldrush cardstock) was a little to plain, so I stamped the flower vine around the images using Goldrush ink.
I decided to do a second card using this stamp set. Check it out below:
I took a "simpler" approach to this second card. I'm trying to do the whole "Clean and Simple" thing -- not sure how successful I'm at it but I do like the way this card turned out. Did you notice something about the second picture? The middle bird is moving! I used one of our Adhesive Springs on him and he wobbles! Again, I used our Florentine paper. I stamped the bird image using Brown Staz-On ink on a piece of the B&T paper from the pack. I stamped the image using a Twilight ink pad.
Art Philosophy Cricut Cartridge (Z1686)
Florentine Paper (X7153B)
Adhesive Springs (Z1725)
Life is Tweet (S1206)
Goldrush Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad (Z2123)
Twilight Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad (Z2160)
Olive Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad (Z2137)
Brown StazOn Ink Pad (Z1142)
Your next stop on the blog hop trail is Addie at Close to My Heart and On My Last Nerve. (LOVE that name!)
Now if the goblins of cyber space have gotten you lost along away here is the list of all the talented consultants who are participating in this months blog hop!
1. Pamela Stewart - http://i-candy-scraps.blogspot.com/
2. Amber La Mons- http://www.scrapperstherapy.blogspot.com
3. Darla Haverstock http://www.stampingunderdoctorsorders.blogspot.com
4. Eva Friesen http://www.loveofcreating.blogspot.com
5. Melissa McDaniel http://melissamcdaniel-scraps.blogspot.com
6. Joanne Barnes http://josiesjoy.blogspot.com YOU CAME FROM HERE
7. Lucy Kelleher http://love2createitall.com YOU ARE HERE
8. Addie Recoy http://addierecoydesigns.wordpress.com YOUR NEXT STOP
9. Carol Loftus http://carolloftus.blogspot.com/
10. Amy McVey http://clearlystamping.blogspot.com
11. Melissa Wyatt http://ohscrapbym.blogspot.com
12. Judith Ashmore http://grammiejudys.blogspot.com
13. Amie Kiger http://mimimyselfandibykigz.blogspot.com/
Thanks so much for stopping by - just LOVE reading your comments! Have a wonderful day!