This week it's all about Fancy Folds over at Heart2Heart Challenges. You heard me correctly, "Fancy Folds"! This was a great challenge for me. I have been wanting to try new cards folds for quite some time. I decided to try a Concertina folded card. When I Googled this fold, I found a tutorial over at Splitcoaststampers.com. It was a bit confusing but it was helpful. If you decide to try it, definitely watch the video BUT, and this is a biggie, make sure you watch the video all the way through before you get started. When she explains where/how to cut the card, it's a bit confusing. Anyway, here's my attempt at the Concertina card:
I used our Avonlea paper pack for the 1st two layers of the card. The stamp I used is our January Stamp of the Month - Happy Valentine's. I stamped the front flowers using Sunset ink. I then used Slate ink for the two flowers in the back AND random stamped the mat underneath the front flower. The cardstock behind the flower looked a little too plain. Random stamping is a great way to add some texture to a project that is simple, easy, and quick to do. Finally I decided to add a little "bling" the card by adding some of our Sparkles to the card. These are self-adhesive and help to add a little glitz to your project.
The mat beneath the flowers was cut using our Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. You can find the image on page 67, E7, < Shape 10 > cut at 3 1/2". Here's a picture of the page from the Cricut booklet:
Avonlea paper pack (X7155B)
Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge (Z1686)
Happy Valentine's stamp set (S1301)
Slate Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad (Z2173)
Sunset Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad (Z2190)
Sparkles Clear Assortment (Z1752)
I hope you enjoyed my "Fancy Folds" card. Would love to have you try it for yourself and join in our challenge this week. If you have any questions on how I made the card, feel free to post a question in the comments or email me by clicking here. You can also purchase our January Stamp of the Month by clicking here.
You can interpret our challenges any way you like, but be sure to use CTMH products in your creation, mention H2H in your post, and link directly to your post (not your blog itself -- otherwise it's difficult to find your crafty submission!).
We have a few simple rules for you to follow to join our challenge:
* Our challenges are open to EVERYONE!
* To enter, follow the challenge of the week and post your results to your personal blog or other online gallery
* Be sure to link your project to our challenge blog (click here) using the direct link ( to make it easier to find )
* In order to enter our challenges, you must use Close to My Heart products but it doesn't have to be 100% CTMH
* If you use something from another company, please consider including details in your project's description
* You MUST mention H2H Challenges in your blog post (and a link back to us would be appreciated)
* Please spread the word about our challenge blog by including our badge on your blog
* Most importantly, have fun creating - the Close to My Heart way!
* NOTE: Any entries not following the above rules are subject to having their link removed.
Can't wait to see what you create for this challenge - have a wonderfully crafty day!