If you are looking for my Design Team project for Paper Playtime, please click here.
I am so happy to announce that I have been asked to return as a design team member over at the Heart 2 Heart Close to My Heart Challenge Blog! This was the first Design Team I was ever on and it was a blast! I learned so much and met some great fellow Consultants who were incredibly crafty and inspirational. This next term promises to bring more of the same.
Our first theme/challenge of the year is "Snow Much Fun". I was born in Chicago, Illinois and remember some beautifully snowy days (months) when I was a child. We moved to Southern California when I was 9 so now I'm definitely a California girl. It's been very cold here (for California) with a lot of days in the 50's and 60's and the evenings have been in the 30's and 40's so it wasn't that difficult to get in the mood for this week's challenge :)
Here's my project:
Just looking at it makes feel all "frosty!" This is a 5" card made using Outdoor Denim cardstock. I cut the card shape using our exclusive Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. You can find the image on page 63, E3, Card, < Square5 > cut at 5".
I used the first image on that page < Square5 > cut at 4 1/2" for the inside of the card.
The snowflake background was also cut using the Art Philosophy cartridge - page 64, E4, Shit, Font Layer, < Arrow2 > cut at 4 1/2".
The ornament was cut using Sky cardstock and I used our Ornamental Cheer stamp set to stamp the sentiment on the ornament. This stamp set coordinates with the Art Philosophy so it was very quick and easy to make. The image can be found on page 33, Shift, < Ornament1 > cut at 2 1/4". I used Cranberry ink to stamp the image.
After cutting out the snowflake background, I used Prisma Glitter to give it some "pop".
The smaller snowflakes came from our exclusive Artiste Cricut cartridge. The image can be found on page 79, E9, Shift, Accent 1, < HoHoHo > cut at 2 1/2" and 2 3/4".
The "stars" on the inside of the card came from our "Glory to God" stamp set and were stamped using Outdoor Denim and Sky inks.
Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge (Z1686)
Artiste Cricut cartridge (Z1790)
Ornamental Cheer stamp set (D1520)
Glory to God stamp set (D1483)
Outdoor Denim cardstock (1275)
Sky cardstock (X5761)
Outdoor Denim Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad (Z2140)
Sky Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad (Z2194)
Cranberry Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad (Z2116)
Sponge Daubers (Z726)
Prisma Glitter (Z134)
Bonding Memories Glue (1512)
Thanks so much for stopping by. Can't wait to see what you create for this challenge!
You can interpret our challenges any way you like, but be sure to use CTMH products in your creation, mention H2H in your post, and link directly to your post (not your blog itself -- otherwise it's difficult to find your crafty submission!).
We have a few simple rules for you to follow to join our challenge:
* Our challenges are open to EVERYONE!
* To enter, follow the challenge of the week and post your results to your personal blog or other online gallery
* Be sure to link your project to our challenge blog (click here) using the direct link ( to make it easier to find )
* In order to enter our challenges, you must use Close to My Heart products but it doesn't have to be 100% CTMH
* If you use something from another company, please consider including details in your project's description
* You MUST mention H2H Challenges in your blog post (and a link back to us would be appreciated)
* Please spread the word about our challenge blog by including our badge on your blog
* Most importantly, have fun creating - the Close to My Heart way!
* NOTE: Any entries not following the above rules are subject to having their link removed.
Can't wait to see what you create for this challenge - have a wonderfully crafty day!