It's "Home Decor" week over at Heart 2 Heart Challenges! I have to tell you, I struggled with this one not because I couldn't think of anything to do but because I thought of TOO many things to do. I went back and forth and back and forth until I decided on a wall hanging made out of coasters.
Here's a couple of pics:
I couldn't decide which order to place the coasters in so I took a picture of BOTH! My husband liked the first one better -- what do you think?
I had bought coasters at Michael's a couple of months ago that were in the clearance bin. They were a set of 8 for something like 10 cents or something ridiculous like that. I bought several packs because I just knew I could figure something out for them -- well I did ... wall art!!
I used a brand new Close to My Heart paper pack called For Always. I just LOVE that the primary colors are black and white. You can combine these papers with every color in the spectrum!
I used our exclusive Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge to cut cornered square shapes for the coasters. The square can be found on page 23, A3, < Square1 >. I cut them at 3", 3 1/2", 3 3/4", and 4".
These coasters measured 4" x 4" and so I first covered them with Slate cardstock. I then the layered with Black and Ruby cardstock as well as the patterned paper from the For Always paper pack.
I stamped two of the images from our February Stamp of the Month - Home Sweet Home with Black ink.
The February Stamp of the Month can be purchased for only $5.00 with a qualifying purchase. Check with your Close to My Heart consultant or click here for more information.
Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge (Z1686)
Type Candy Font Cricut cartidge
For Always paper pack (X7265B)
Slate cardstock (X5930)
Black cardstock (1386)
Ruby cardstock (X5927)
Black Exclusive Inks Stamp Pad 9Z2105)
February Stamp of the Month - Home Sweet Home (S1302)
Thanks so much for stopping by. Can't wait to see what you create for this challenge!
You can interpret our challenges any way you like, but be sure to use CTMH products in your creation, mention H2H in your post, and link directly to your post (not your blog itself -- otherwise it's difficult to find your crafty submission!).
We have a few simple rules for you to follow to join our challenge:
* Our challenges are open to EVERYONE!
* To enter, follow the challenge of the week and post your results to your personal blog or other online gallery
* Be sure to link your project to our challenge blog (click here) using the direct link ( to make it easier to find )
* In order to enter our challenges, you must use Close to My Heart products but it doesn't have to be 100% CTMH
* If you use something from another company, please consider including details in your project's description
* You MUST mention H2H Challenges in your blog post (and a link back to us would be appreciated)
* Please spread the word about our challenge blog by including our badge on your blog
* Most importantly, have fun creating - the Close to My Heart way!
* NOTE: Any entries not following the above rules are subject to having their link removed.
Can't wait to see what you create for this challenge - have a wonderfully crafty day!