Monday, May 13, 2013
This week at Heart to Heart we are all about flowers! You've heard the saying "April showers bring May flowers" right? Well it's May and our theme this week is flowers. For my project this week, I am showing you a banner I made for some friends for their adoption party.
I wish I had better pictures for you -- the original pictures I took of the banner didn't turn out and the party was just this Saturday, so the first picture was taken there. You can see a closeup of one of the banners in the second picture - not the best picture but you can see the flower I used in the background beneath the letters.
I also wanted to show you some of the party favors we created for the party - though there are no flowers on them:
I used a paper pack from Close to My Heart called Claire for the banner. I also used our Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge. For the banner, I cut 2 layers. The bottom scalloped layer can be found on page 59, D9, < Banner5 > and was cut at 6.9". The top layer can be found on page 49, C9, < Banner4 > also cut at 6.9". For the base, I used our My Creations Banner which is currently available, while supplies last, for only $2.75 per packet! There are 8 chipboard pennants with 7 jump rings in each pack. I think I may be ordering more of them because I will be making more banners. Another neat thing you can do with the banners is after the party or event, you can turn the banner into a mini album and add pictures from the event to the other side. Love that!
There are a number of flowers on the Art Philosophy cartridge that you can use including 3D flowers! The flowers I used for my banner can be found on page 50, C10, Shift, < Flower8 > cut at 3 1/2".
There are flowers on pages 28, 29, 39, 50, 54, 57, 66, 68 - 70 (3D flowers) of the Art Philosophy cartridge.
Art Philosophy Cricut cartridge (Z1686)
Claire paper pack (X7166B)
My Creations Banner (Z1378)
I hope you enjoyed my project. I also hope you JOIN us in our challenge this week.
Thanks so much for stopping by. Can't wait to see what you create for this challenge!
You can interpret our challenges any way you like, but be sure to use CTMH products in your creation, mention H2H in your post, and link directly to your post (not your blog itself -- otherwise it's difficult to find your crafty submission!).
We have a few simple rules for you to follow to join our challenge:
* Our challenges are open to EVERYONE!
* To enter, follow the challenge of the week and post your results to your personal blog or other online gallery
* Be sure to link your project to our challenge blog (click here) using the direct link ( to make it easier to find )
* In order to enter our challenges, you must use Close to My Heart products but it doesn't have to be 100% CTMH
* If you use something from another company, please consider including details in your project's description
* You MUST mention H2H Challenges in your blog post (and a link back to us would be appreciated)
* Please spread the word about our challenge blog by including our badge on your blog
* Most importantly, have fun creating - the Close to My Heart way!
* NOTE: Any entries not following the above rules are subject to having their link removed.
Can't wait to see what you create for this challenge - have a wonderfully crafty day!